Monday, September 29, 2014

The Weekend

I don't know about you but this Monday morning seems much busier than normal. It seems as though I have an endless list of things to accomplish and I feel like I'm running around crazy today. But, it's Monday so I sort of expect it. Anyway, we had a great weekend and I thought I'd stop to share a few photos with you (and finish my cup of coffee that I've reheated three times now!). 

On Friday night we drove into town and ate supper at Pollo Campero.  That's always a fun outing!
my boys playing at Pollo Campero in Chiquimula

Saturday morning got started normal- as in 5:05 a.m.!  There are days when I really miss getting to sleep in.  I feel like we are up, fed, and dressed before the average person ever gets out of bed. 

Our breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, blueberry muffins, strawberry yogurt, and apple slices. 

It is a rare day that we don't get dressed right after breakfast but this day I decided to just let us stay in our pj's until after nap time.  It was fun just laying around and being lazy.  The Disney channel was airing some fun movies that morning so we just had a movie day.  We watched Pocahontas,  Ants, Toy Story, and Shark Tale.  Fun!  It's also rare that you see us sitting around with blankets on us because it's always so hot but they insisted on having cover so I let them.

After naptime we got dressed and drove into town.  We had plans to attend the circus.  Normally when the circus is in town they have three shows on Saturday and Sunday- 4:30, 6:30, and 8:30.  We like to go to the 4:30 time. This time they did not have an early one.   We found out after arriving so we had a little time to kill while we waited on the next show.  We drove across the street to the mall and let the boys play and we enjoyed some coffee and adult conversation.
 me and Cruz with my frappe

The boys playing at the mall in Chiquimula.  Cruz pushed Ben around like this for the longest time and as you can see Ben loved it!  You can also see his mouth full of McDonald's chicken nuggets, ha.

When it was time we headed back to the circus.  We went a little early to let the boys check out the animals.  They were dying to see the tigers!

"Sally the camel has one hump..." Anyone else's  kids sing that song when they see a camel?

Me and my sweet boys ready to watch the circus.  It's one of our favorite things to do.

David and the boys

We invited two other missionary families to join us.  There were nine kids in all and my boys loved having everybody there together.  It made it extra fun.
We took a group photo of the kids before we left and this was the best I could get.  Trying to get nine kids to all look and smile at the same time is hard work.  And if you'll look close you'll see one "big kid" photobombing us in the back.  ha  What a fun night we had!

Sunday morning David headed up the mountain to teach in the village of Nearar.  While he was gone the boys and I worked on a few projects.  Wednesday (Oct. 1) is "Kid's Day" in Guatemala.  It is like Mother's Day and Father's Day but it honors the kids.  How fun is that!  We made crowns for them to wear that day. 

My boys love to paint, draw, glue, cut, marker... all that fun crafty stuff. 

And they also love to ride their bikes and pretend they are motorcycles.  The circus had the motorcycle cage and they reenacted it all afternoon.  These boys play hard.

After supper we bathed them and put them a movie on in their room.  David drove over to the coffee shop in Jocotan and got me and him some cheesecake to enjoy.  We spent our evening watching a little Saints vs. Cowboy's football action before calling it a night.  Not a bad way to end our weekend, huh.

I've got a crockpot of this BBQ Chicken on for lunch and looking forward to seeing how it turns out.  I don't know how it will taste but it smells amazing!!!  I'd better go and try to finish up a few things.  It won't be long and Cruz will be home from school and then my day will get even busier, ha.  Happy Monday Y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails