Friday, October 17, 2014

Sliding Into The Weekend

It's been a pretty good week around our little neck of the woods.    The boys have kept us extra busy, as always, but we sure have had some fun.  Here are a few photos I've taken this week-
Most every afternoon has included a rain shower.  Playing in the rain is by far one of my boys favorite activities.   I made the mistake of giving them my only umbrella to play with and needless to say it didn't hold up very long.  Not much does when my two get their hands on something, ha.  Here's Ben staying dry as he drove his car around the patio. 

my sweet little Ben

Since returning from the States we have searched high and low for a few things that we were certain we brought back with us.  One of those was a thing of pumpkin pie spice.  I've looked everywhere!  We've also been looking for 3 tubes of kid toothpaste among other things.  It has driven us crazy trying to find them.  We had almost given up hope until I dug out a Hi Ho Cheery-O game this week to play with the boys.  Guess what I had stuffed inside the extra space of the box?  Yep- all the things we had been searching for.  When I pack I try to utilize every space possible.  I assume when packing to return I thought that extra box space was a waste and decided to fill it with a few things.  Don't even ask what David's thoughts were about that idea!!!  ha  Anyway it was like getting a small package from home.  Lots of wonderful things were stuffed inside that little box- things that made me smile.  So, to celebrate, I decided to make myself a little treat.  I used that pumpkin pie spice and my Cocoa-Latte machine and made me a delicious afternoon drink.  It was yummy!

my pumpkin spice latte and a slice of banana nut bread

Cruz has not had near the amount of homework this year as he did last year in school.  I have enjoyed that.  At the most he might have it one day a week or none at all.  Last year he had something almost daily, including the weekends.  grrrrr...   He had a few things to do one night this week so I worked on it with him.  It included scissors and glue so that made him eager to want to do it.

He loves cutting with scissors

Look at that tongue hanging out!  He was working hard.

 
Most every night after bathtime the boys get to watch a DVD in their room before they go to bed.  I slipped in one night and snapped this picture of them propped up together sharing the same pillow.  I thought it was cute. 

Here's a craft Cruz brought home from school one day this week.  It's probably one of my favorite things he's made at school so far.  I just loved it.

I made this fall banner to hang in our kitchen this week.  Something about the color orange just makes me feel all warm inside.  Does it you?

While out in the village this week a family gave us this pumpkin.  It looks fall-like sitting on my table. 

We ended our week by having a little fun with a homemade slip 'n slide.  Here's the boys on Thursday afternoon playing in the water-
 
wheeeee.......

 Look at those smiles!  My boys know how to have a good time.

Hooray for Friday, amen?  It's "bring your pet to school day" at Cruz's school.  We do not have any pets so he took his stuffed rabbit.  They will each have a turn to "show and tell" about their favorite animal.  Then later this afternoon we'll go back to his school for the presentation of their P.E. Program.  He's been practicing all week so I hope he'll perform well.  We'll see...

We have Bible study in Lagunetas on Saturday and then again in Nearar on Sunday.  Would you pray for these study times?  We have a few more things planned for the weekend as well.  It should be a fun one.  I'll be back on Monday to share all about it.  Have a great weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails