Friday, December 19, 2014

We're Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time

I've always loved Christmas.  But, I'll have to admit that since having my boys Christmas is just a lot more fun and meaningful.  I know I go a little overboard but I spent many, many Christmases thinking about all the fun things I'd love to do if God ever gave me children and now I think I'll spend the rest of my Christmases here on earth making those thoughts come true.    So, with that being said, here's a little of how we've celebrated this week.

Each year our landlord (who is a North American) opens the gate to her property and lets the community in to see her huge light display and enjoy the holiday season together.  She serves hot chocolate and gives away tons of door prizes.  The locals love it and look forward to it each year.  It's a fun time to visit with neighbors and friends from our town.  This year it was held on Monday night.  Her whole property is filled with lights and decorations.  We can see her very large tree from our house and it's beautiful but it doesn't compare to seeing it up close. 

Ms. Nancy's tree
It sits on the open patio of her second story property and can be seen from all over town.

This photo just cracks me up! 

Cruz, Nery, and a new friend.  These three had a blast playing together at the party.

Here's Cruz all dressed up in warm attire pretending to make snow angels while laying on our concrete patio.  That boy is missing winter, ha.  (Ben is laying beside him doing the same). 

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week we were quite busy having an open house/ garage sale/ come take this stuff off our hands event.  I've been going room by room in our house bagging up things we no longer need/ use and I came up with quite a bit.  I had tons of baby clothes and baby gear that I needed to part with.  It was a little sad to see it all leave out our gate but in the end I am glad it's all gone.

Another thing that has kept me busy this week is our little elf friend Jingles.  Here he is on Wednesday morning at our normal mid-week pancake breakfast.  The boys treat for the day was a thing of mini M&M's which they absolutely loved!

They also loved their Christmas tree shaped pancakes!

On Thursday morning we loaded our car and began our annual Christmas trip into Guatemala City.  We travel there each year for our mission Christmas party but always go a little early to have some time to take in the sights, sounds, and tastes of Christmas in the Capital.  It's always a fun time, and I look forward to it each year.  And, after having people in and out of our house for three straight days, I was really, really excited about loading in the car and leaving home, ha. 

Here's David and Ben enjoying a pizza and cheese fries lunch in Chiquimula on the drive in. 

My boys didn't waste any time getting busy playing when we arrived at our mission house in Guatemala City.  On this trip they wanted to bring their tools.  Here's Cruz "fixing his bike".

and here's Ben "fixing the door" 

On Thursday night we headed out to a local mall to see the decorations and enjoy a good meal.  We ate supper at Chili's and oooohhhh my it was delicious!

You can't go wrong with Trio Fajitas and a sirloin.  The boys had cheese quesadillas (one of their favorite foods).   A little early Christmas present indeed.

As if we weren't full enough we also visited the DQ for a delicious Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard- one of my favorite things!  You can see Cruz here giving me a thumb's up.  That boy was excited about getting some ice cream!

David and the boys 

Of course David had to flip it upside down to see if it would stay.  Thankfully it did, ha. 

The boys loved playing in one of the photo booths set up in the mall.  They had a basket full of Christmas hats and I think my two tried on every one.  Don't they look like they are having fun?

At one point Ben put on four at one time.  He ran over and said "look mama!".  It was precious.
 
Another Christmas tradition is riding the mall carousel.  This was Ben's first year to ride on his own.  My babies are growing up fast!


The beautiful Christmas tree in the Miraflores Mall in Guatemala City. 

my boys in front of the tree 
 
The boys elf treat for Thursday was new Christmas pj's.  It's always cold in Guatemala City at Christmas time so I thought it would be fun for them to get to wear them while there.  They will wear them again on Christmas Eve back at our home.  I found them on clearance back in June at the Outlet Mall in Foley, AL during our family beach trip.  I didn't realize then how perfect they would be with our elf this Christmas.  Here's a few pics of them dressed for bed on Thursday night.

my silly boys 


oh what fun these two can be!
 
They don't know it yet but their elf surprise for today is a visit to the Guatemala Children's Museum.  They won't know where we are going until we get there.  And, of course, Jingles gets to go with us so that should make it extra fun.  We are having a wonderful Christmas time and making lots of fun memories along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and fun series of photos. Merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails