Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Weekend

I normally would post about our weekends on Monday mornings but this particular Monday morning I'll be on a flight headed to Lima, Peru for the week.  I'll be attending a homeschool conference there with other homeschool families who serve with the IMB in Central and South America.  I'm looking forward to networking with the other mothers and getting ideas and encouragement from them.  What a great opportunity it will be for all of us to learn from each other and build a support system with each other.  I'm thankful for the way our organization provides opportunities like this for us and the wonderful resources they make available to us.

But before I go I wanted to share a few photos from our weekend.

I did all of my packing on Friday morning while Cruz was at school.  Ben thought it was fun to "help" me.  I also made sure David had plenty of notes and reminders to help him survive the week without me.  I got all of the laundry washed and the house straightened up.
 Ben helping me pack

That night we met some friends for supper at the mall food court.  When we arrived Cruz lit up with excitement when he saw a little girl from his class there eating and playing.  They spent the whole night together.  It was cute to watch them interacting together.

Afterwards we stopped by the grocery store to pick up some things for David and the boys to eat while I'm gone.  The boys took turns pushing this small cart around the store.  They think it's fun, but they make me a nervous wreck!!!

Saturday we had plans to drive into Guatemala City when we all woke up and got going.  Well, Cruz crawled into our bed wide awake at 5:20 A.M.  Needless to say we got a much earlier start than anticipated. 

Here are the boys playing at a playland after we arrived in the Capital.  It's always good when we get out of the car and stretch our legs.  After a few hours of being strapped in the car they were itching to run and play (and I was itching to let them, ha).


my silly boys

We dropped our things off at our mission house and spent the rest of the afternoon running errands.  First on our agenda was getting them much needed haircuts.  They were looking way to shaggy for me.
my boys all nice and groomed

We also spent some time shopping for their upcoming birthdays.  We found them a few gifts and I made a stop by the Party Land store to get a few decorations. 
Lightning McQueen and Buzz Lightyear are our two themes this year.

For supper we went to our favorite place- TGI Friday's.  I think our boys are starting to like it just as much as we do.

Thankfully Sunday we didn't have much planned. We lacked a few errands that we did that morning and then spent the rest of the day laying low.  It was another early morning for us.  Ben woke up at 5:05 A.M. so our tired bodies were glad for some down time. 
the boys sporting their hats and balloons from KFC in Guatemala City on Sunday

It's now Sunday night and I'm trying to finalize my luggage.  I have to be at the airport around 5ish so it will be another early morning for us tomorrow.  The good side is that for the first time in five years I'll be flying without kids so I should be free to sleep as much and as long as I'd like on the flights.  I'm not going to know how to act not having someone to take care of besides myself for the week.  I've not been away from Ben at night- ever, and I've only been away from Cruz when I was in the hospital pregnant with Ben.  Yes, there have already been lots of tears shed and I haven't even left yet.  Would you pray for us this week.  It's going to be an adjustment for all of us and even though I know we'll all be fine that doesn't mean our hearts will not be sad and wishing we were all together.  Pray especially for my little guys (and David).  I'll be sure to take photos in Lima and share them with you when I get back.

 So I'm off now to get in all the hugs and kisses I can before bedtime and then I hope to catch a few zzz's myself.  The alarm will be sounding early.  I anticipate a fun-filled week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails