Monday, May 18, 2015

The Past Few Days

Here is a little look at our lives over the past few days.  I didn't take a single photo last week until Thursday afternoon at Bible study in Muyurco.  It's not that we didn't have anything picture worthy, it's more that I've just been tired.  The heat seems to take everything out of you.  This time of year it's hard to stay motivated with anything. ha

I've been busy lately planning Cruz's birthday.  I CANNOT believe my child is turning 5 years old soon!  That seems so old for my "baby".  We are all very excited about his upcoming celebration.  I've also been a little busy planning for company.  My mom is flying down in a few days to be here to celebrate Cruz's birthday.  We are excited about that too!  I am trying to get everything ready before she arrives so we'll have more time to visit.  I anticipate a lot of fun memories being made in our near future.

me and my boys on the trail to Bible study in Muyurco 
Working with these two under tow is the hardest thing ever but I wouldn't trade getting to be on mission with them for anything in this world.  It's hard but it's also very rewarding. 

David sharing about Moses parting the Red Sea with some of the children in Muyurco.

Isn't he precious!

what a sweet smile


Here is Ben on Friday morning playing in Cruz's boots. 

And here he is on Friday afternoon showing me his mouth after finishing a ring pop.

the boys "helped" me bake chocolate chip cookies for our Friday night meal

they also helped me eat them, ha

David grilling burgers for our Friday night meal

After eating we had game night and enjoyed our cookies.  We played several rounds of Dominos and Uno.

The boys also did some wrestling



It's always fun until someone gets hurt, right? 
He had bent his finger back and was fine a few minutes later.

The boys cooling off on Saturday morning. 

my big boy Cruz

silly boys

Saturday night we had supper at McDonald's. 

Sunday morning David led Bible study in Nearar.  Miguel (from the village of Chanco) went with him again.  We are excited about his interest in ministering with us and wanting to grow in his faith.

Other than that we had a quiet day at home.  We ended the weekend with a batch of chocolate cupcakes.  When I say chocolate I mean chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate filling inside and chocolate icing on top.  It's was a little overkill but oh so good!    I'm off now to refill my coffee and since I now have cupcakes on my mind maybe grab another one and sit down for a snack.  Happy Monday everyone.  I hope you have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails